Wednesday, March 31, 2021

BasicTalk How To Setup & Review

Today we look at that basic Talk brought to you by Walmart. Open it up and there's another box get the VOiP box you get it you get the power cord, a network cord, and the how-to instructions. 

So let's open up these instructions and let's set it up and see how this baby works the next step is to activate the basic talk box.

So what we want to do is you want to go to basictalk.com  website and then you're going to come over here and click this big activate.

Now button you click on that button and it's going to take you to another page to where you enter the MAC address of the actual IP box that you have.

Then you click Submit MAC address you can also transfer in your phone number or you can get a new one.

The area code of the state, the area code, the city the available numbers. Now I'm going to click continue and then now it's going to want my contact information and also my 911 address just in case I ever have to dial 911 from this device.

It's actually going to make you confirm your address and then you're going to click continue and then finally it's going to have you enter your payment and billing information. 

Your online account username and password and also a security question are. So once you're registered this is what the backend of a basic talk looks like, I have to say the back end of a basic talk is very straightforward.

It's easy to navigate you can view your bill, you can also change your profile, if you scroll down you can turn features on and you can turn them off and then you can also play messages that people have left you.

You can download them or delete them. So it's very simple. I think it's a great resource and I think no one will have a hard time navigating around another great feature of the back into basic talk to you is you can access support really quick and they offer really fast. 

Online support at least for now, I've got my modem box. I've got an extra Ethernet cable that's plugged into the back of the box.

I've got the power cord for this little guy and I've also got the phone cord for the back of my phone.

So as you can see I'm going to plug the Ethernet port here. I'm going to plug in the power right here and then I'm going to plug my phone in right here.

So I'm plugging in the Ethernet plug me in the power okay. So now that we're activated and all set up all four lights now are showing up on our box so that means, we are good to go for a phone call and my handset my home cordless headset is ready to go.

What I'm going to do is, I'm actually going to call my cell phone from this phone right here that's plugged into the basic talk. So there you go you can hear the dial tone there's definitely a dial tone.

I'll call my phone okay. The phone is ringing and you should see it ringing all my cell phone here in a minute. As you can see the call is coming in right here it's not a slide dancer hello this is death and this pretty responsible.

It's going through really fast all right. I'll just hang that up and now. I'm going to call basic talk from my phone so let's dial that phone number and we'll see.

The phone call goes through okay there it is so. I'm going to put my cell phone on the speaker, you want to answer this call back here.

Hey, what's up okay cool see it's working pretty well yep now. I will tell you, I did multiple tests on this phone I called from cell phones I called other landlines I called from landlines to check out the basic talk.

I have to tell you the call quality is really good and that there was no lag. I didn't hear any crackling or any kind of distortion like that but I also do have faster internet download speed. I've got download as whereas what my internet speed is here on my house.

So that could be the case but other than that I think the interface a basic talk are really great. The websites awesome and I also think that the box is super simple. For ten dollars you can't beat that the brand that they're using they're just putting the basic talk logo on this but the real brand is called Grand stream and these are selling for about thirty-two dollars right now on Amazon. So the ten dollars for just the box alone is really cheap that's a lot cheaper than other products such as the talk or even I'm sure many people have seen online the straight talk home. 

The phone you know those are cost about a hundred bucks granted it is wireless and this is wired but it really just depends so for the price and for the monthly cost I'm going to have to say that basic talks not too bad and in another video I will compare it to the net talk to you oh and also straight talk home phone and then we'll go over some 

other stuff and compare some more things but for $9.99 a month and only nine dollars to buy the box I'm going to have to say straight our basic talk is a really good choice and I think Walmart's done it again so that's my review of this for now if you have any questions just leave them in the comments 

below I'll try to answer all of them and yeah just subscribe leave me some feedback and I will see you guys next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment